- Dr. Jill Kenney, Naturopathic Medicine, Fairfield
1 1/2 cups of rolled oat
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts - pecans or almonds
1/3 cup olive oil or coconut oil melted
2. Tablespoons of maple syrup
1/4 cup of water
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 - 2 cans of pumpkin
1/3 maple syrup
pinch of salt
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp of ground ginger
1/4 tsp of ground cloves (optional)
1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
1/4 cup of coconut milk
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Curst: combine all ingredients and mix well. With wet hands, press the crust evenly into the prepared pie plate. Bake for 5-7 minutes.
2. Filling: Mix together all of the ingredients in a food processor or use a whisk.
3. Pour filling into the prefaced piecrust. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then Reduce to 375 degrees for 30 more minutes. Let set and cool before serving.