5 Ways to Boost the Immune System
Learn 5 ways to boost your immune system.
1. Vitamin D3. If you are not taking Vitamin D3 right now, start. Most of the patients I see are deficient in Vitamin D, especially in the winter months. Adults can typically take 2-5,000 ius safely. It's always a good idea to have your Vitamin D (25OHD) levels checked to find out the right dose for you.
2. Sleep. Numerous studies have shown that getting 7 hours of sleep a night will help to keep your immune system strong.
3. Eat a clean diet. Avoid eating processed food, sugar and fast food. Try to eat clean, organic, healthy food that is rich in vitamins and minerals.
4. Elderberry Syrup. Keep Elderberry on hand and take it as a preventative or at the first indication of cold or flu. Studies have shown that Elderberry is extremely effective in lessening the symptoms and the severity of the flu.
5. Probiotic -Take a probiotic which is good flora or bacteria in the digestive tract. It boosts the immune system and is essential to good health. Probiotics are especially needed after surgery and antibiotics.
Above all, make sure to wash your hands several times a day.
**Prior to starting any new supplements, check with you medical provider.